Saturday, October 3, 2015

Road to Oklahoma

After a delightful shopping trip last Saturday, the 31:22 Quilters are ready for their new project.  You are all ready, aren't you?  I am so excited to be working on a new quilt with all of you.  Fall seems to be the perfect time of year to begin, and this rainy Saturday has me raring to go.


 I spent some time this morning cutting my squares.  Aren't they yummy?  I love, love, love these colors!  (That's the edge of my Grandmother's Flower Garden, still in process.  All it needs is the binding.  Hooray!)


I have marked the backs of the 4-inch squares with a diagonal line.  Now I'm ready to speed-piece some half-square triangles.  Buckle up and hold on, 'cause here we go!


Here's the sample block I made from scrap fabrics. This pattern doesn't look like much when you just have one block.



 But check out what happens when you begin to put them together.  Here are four made from paper that I played with while drafting the pattern.  Shazam!

No comments: