Saturday, June 6, 2009

Surprise!

What a wild, wonderful day we had yesterday! Family and friends gathered in person and by skype to help us surprise our older son with a celebration of his 16th birthday. He is such a special guy, and I am tickled pink that we were able to pull this one off.

My mom, dad, aunt, and uncle were on hand for some extreme behind-the-scenes help while my husband kept our victim/honoree busy for the afternoon. It got a bit hairy there for a while, but in the end everything pretty much came together.

Goofy games, a funny skit, some decent grub, and lots of good fellowship made for one fun evening. I must say once again how blessed we are in the friends our children have chosen. They are an extraordinary group of precious young people who are a total joy to have around. Thanks so much, everybody, for keeping the secret so well and for helping us celebrate!

Once darkness fell, we were able to premiere the latest release from Moonbeam Cinemas, Refugee 2: False Security. My super-husband set up the projector to show the movie on the outside of our garage door, so it was almost like going to the drive-in.

All in all, it was a delightfully crazy day and so worth it. The actual birthday is tomorrow, so we still have some celebrating to do. I imagine it will be in a little quieter manner. I think that will be okay, too.

No comments: