Sunday, May 31, 2009

Procrastination

It can be a good thing, you know. Seriously.

I've had a task hanging over my head. You know the kind, something you have to do but you really don't want to go there.

I am a world-class procrastinator. I don't like to admit that trait of mine, but it is definitely true. I'm good at it, too. I eventually hunker down and get it done, but man can I ever put it off.

You wouldn't believe the things I found to do last week that "kept" me from getting to the project I needed to be doing. My house is so clean. If you were here, I would take you underneath my bed and show you the baseboard there. Not a dust bunny to be found, my friend. I even updated my facebook profile and found a couple of friends. That was really grasping for straws.

Now it's all done. The original task is complete, and boy does it feel great. I also have the added benefit of some other things being done, and that is pretty nice too.

So don't be too hard on yourself the next time you procrastinate. Just be productive in another direction while you're doing it. =)

No comments: