Sunday, May 10, 2009

Delightfully Mother's Day

I am loved! My incredibly cute and sweet kids brought me breakfast in bed this morning, french fries, my absolutely favorite food! They also brought my drink in my 19-year-old I'm a New Mom! mug. They were so sweet that I shared my fries with them. I'm just that kind of mom.

My guys got all dressed up for church, complete with jackets, ties, and rosebuds in their lapels. What a way to honor your mom!

Next was a wonderful lunch with all of my favorite mothers, my mom, my grandmother, my mother-in-law, and my aunt. Everyone enjoyed eating under my brand new ceiling fan in the breakfast room, installed by my super-handy husband. I was sporting my new shirt, a Mother's Day gift from my sweet girl! Don't forget dessert of homemade vanilla ice cream with caramel syrup. Ahh...


After lunch we went for a nice walk and came home to pick this beautiful bucket of yummy strawberries. What a treat!

Those wonderful kids of mine apparently stayed up late last night making a smilebox for their dear old mom. Happy Mopther's Day, guys! I love you little homeschoolers!

Click to play this Smilebox greeting: Mom is Wow
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox greeting

To round out an already wonderful day, the SciFi channel is hosting a Eureka marathon. Ten episodes! No time to watch them, but they're all DVRed. What exactly is the correct vernacular for that particular procedure?

Maybe we'll catch one tonight while we snack on a few fries with our leftovers. After all, it is a perfect day that begins and ends with french fries.

I am truly one blessed mom.

1 comment:

The Brownings said...

Hope you had a great one!