Thursday, March 26, 2009

School Can Be Fun


I love this time of year in regard to our schooling. Things are winding down. More tasks are complete than left to perform. The reading list is long and impressive. There is a definite feeling of accomplishment. Summer is just a soft breeze away.

With a little extra time in our school day, there are opportunities for more fun activities that don't always fit into our regular classes. Math games, puzzles, and special projects complement our usual curriculum in a delightful way.

Right now we're taking an in-depth look at Egypt in preparation of our upcoming visit to a King Tut exhibit. All kinds of intriguing facts about pyramids and mummies are just waiting for us to discover them.


When you get right down to it, what can be more fun than diagramming sentences anyway? I know I'm strange, but it just makes me happy. My son loves it, too. Just don't tell his friends.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I thought that I was the only one who enjoys diagramming sentences!
It was one of my favorite things to do in middle school. My children think I'm a little strange. :)