Monday, March 9, 2009

For Ashley

Crafty posts have been somewhat lacking around here lately, and my friend Ashley has been asking what kinds of projects I've been doing. Honestly, I've just been piddling a bit here and there.

Most of my creative energy has been used in painting our master bath, living room, and dining room. I'll post photos of those projects tomorrow. How's that?

Here are a couple of fun things I've managed to crank out.


The first is a throw pillow inspired by some adorable things I saw while browsing at Kirkland's one day. It was great fun to put together, especially since I used leftover fabric from my daughter's princess dress we made a couple of years ago. How appropriate!

This one is another placemat bag from the Country Woman article I used before. It uses two placemats sewn together to make a larger tote-style bag. I decided to dress it up a bit with a little monogram. My satin stitch cannot compare to my daughter's, but it will do in a pinch.

No comments: