Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Finally!


The filming may now continue! With the completion of Elrond's robe, the show will go on. I've been working on these costumes off and on for a year now, and my kids have amazed me with their patience. Their filming schedule has been sporadic as well, so I guess they understand.


Here is a shot of the embroidered detail on the neck yoke, just a little bit of bling. *wink*


It all started with this Gandalf costume that was for our younger son's birthday. It is quite ironic that the smallest was chosen as the character who towers over all of the Hobbits. Then again, he is typically head and shoulders above the rest.


You should see Legolas in full costume. The Hannah Montana wig is truly the finishing touch. Actually, he's had almost enough time to grow his own.


Trusting that no one will come up behind me and sniff in my ear, I agreed to make this one for the Black Rider but it really creeps me out.

Gimli and his vest are missing from this show and tell, so you will just have to wait for the movie release to catch that one.

Stay tuned for more news and maybe even a trailer from Moonbeam Cinemas' production, The Lord of the Bling.

1 comment:

DangAndBlast! said...

You guys are so cute! I made my husband a ringwraith costume a few years back -- he lost it in some move, though (we may find it at his parents' house some day...). Enjoy!