Monday, February 23, 2009

Phyllis's Pineapple Casserole

I have many fond memories of time spent at the home of my sweetest and dearest friend during all of my growing-up years. Oh boy, we could tell you stories. Get us together, and we probably will.

It seemed like there was an endless supply of fried chicken and homemade biscuits coming out of that kitchen. I will never forget drinking Coke for breakfast. Don't tell my children!

This recipe comes from that wondrously talented cook who is mom to my dear friend and second mom to me. She practices hospitality with the best of them, and this dish is one small example.

It is a favorite with my family. Although we have spent some time debating its status as side dish or dessert, it is normally served with the meal.

2 cans crushed pineapple
1 C sugar
½ C all-purpose flour
1 sleeve Ritz crackers
1 stick margarine

Drain pineapple. Mix flour and sugar. Add pineapple and stir. Spray pan with Pam. Pour mixture into casserole dish. Melt butter and crush crackers. Mix butter and crackers. Sprinkle over top of pineapple mixture. Bake for 30 minutes at 350.


Yum!

No comments: