Monday, September 15, 2008

The Other Side

Well, I sit here on the other side of 40, and I must report that it's really not so bad. I wasn't looking forward to my birthday last week, but what can you do? As the actual day approached, however, I was inundated with expressions of love from my friends and family, and it actually turned out to be a fun week. Blessings abounded.

There were sweet blog entries which graciously glossed over all my faults from my dear husband and my favorite sister. Friends at church slipped little gift bags into our car. Daily birthday cards from my oldest (as in longest) friend began arriving on Saturday and continued up until Wednesday, with the promise of an upcoming visit.

The morning began with my sweet daughter sneaking around in the dark making french fries for my breakfast. Ahh...what a way to start the day! We had lunch together with lots of fun presents, and I spent the afternoon with my grandmother working on quilt squares. For dinner, we went to my favorite restaurant which serves the best Chinese food in the nation, according to my sister and brother-in-law. We returned home to find a birthday message from Speedy Boy on the answering machine, and my parents came by for a visit. All in all, it was truly a delightful day!

Thanks, everybody, for all you did to make my 40th birthday special and painless. I love you all, and I thank God for you.

No comments: