Sunday, September 14, 2008

French Vanilla Mania

This summer my family developed a habit of stopping by Racetrac gas stations for frozen drinks. They were running an incredible special, a 32 oz. frozen drink for only 69 cents.

I should probably back up a bit and explain that we all love Slushee, Icee, Parrot Ice, Frozen Lemonade, and all manner of frozen drinks. We do the happy dance when we happen to pass Sonic during Happy Hour because drinks are half price.

A couple of weeks ago, my dear daughter ventured out to try a new flavor, French Vanilla. I was skeptical because I am not really a coffee drinker, but I asked to try a sip. That was all it took. I was hooked. It is now my new favorite flavor.

Nonetheless, all good things must come to an end. Frozen drinks are now regular price at Racetrac, but the internet is an endless source of information. I found this recipe on the Coffee-Mate website for Frozen Vanilla Capuccino. I haven't tried it yet, but I did buy the French Vanilla coffee creamer.

This could be dangerous. Now, I just have to figure out how to make 1 1/2 cups of coffee.

Update
We borrowed a coffee maker this afternoon and gave this one a try. I have to say it was really good and remarkably close to the Racetrac version. We will be tweaking the strength of the coffee and the amount of sweetener in our future attempts. I also added a little vanilla flavoring. This is one we will definitely try again.

No comments: