- June 24, 1989 Making the commitment before our family and friends that I made in my heart long before.
- June 22, 1985 Peking, Gold Duster and the beginning of a journey that still thrills me to the core.
- July 25,1985 Skating rink, class ring and going steady.
- November 26, 1990 Laughing, crying, "It's a girl" and "Well, it's happened".
- September 10, 1992 Coming home from Charlotte and spending the last part of your birthday with you.
- June 7, 1993 Riding to Jefferson to drop big sister off, "It's a boy", and Chick-fil-A.
- March 9, 1997 Leaving on a business trip to Tampa with a little skepticism.
- March 11, 1997 "Come home if you can", 2am, Tampa airport, rush hour Atlanta traffic, "It's a boy" and functioning kidneys.
- Horace Minish
- April 1987 Selling stock to buy an engagement ring (OK ... livestock)
- February 1990 Ants and pillowed paddles
- June 24, 1989 Tanglewood, Cabin 41
- March 2004 Smith Creek trail and Anna Ruby Falls
- August 2006 Luau, pineapple, green sand, waterfalls, lava, me & you in paradise
- February 2005 Dead Sea Scrolls, Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, snorkelling, and having you all to myself for 5 wonderful days.
- October 2004 The Painted Desert, Grand Canyon, San Diego, Mexico, Yuma, and five people in a Pontiac Grand Prix
- Winter 1999 Momence, Reno, Reno, and did I mention Reno. Shopping on Amazon and missing you and the kids terribly.
- May 1991 A carriage house, Mrs. Wilkes' Boarding House, and our first vacation since the honeymoon.
- September 2001 Orlando as deserted as I can remember. Epcot, Magic Kingdom, the Flying Unicorn, Spiderman, and seeing the space shuttle take-off.
- Sept or Oct 1992 Orlando, Calvary Chapel, Mickey's Town.
- June 1997 St George Island - our first trip of many.
- June 2008 St George Island, Crow's Nest, Stars, Swimming Pools, Speedy Boy and Winks.
- January 1994 Ft. Worth, Cracker Barrel, Lousiana roads, sub-freezing temperatures, and a plane ride home.
- June 1998 Anchorage, Alaska, Moose on the AFB, DeWayne and Dawn, Motor homes with 2 bedrooms, basements and more snow than I've ever seen.
- School year 2005-06 AYUSA, Usatip Kidhen, BCHS, family.
- June 2006 Alpine Bay, DeSoto Caverns, potty racers, cave crawl, and togetherness.
- 1989 Fry Daddy, French Fries, "Twin Peaks" and next-door missionaries.
- August 1991 Niagra Falls, Maid of the Mist, Karaoke, Mike and Susy, Washington DC, and rain
- February 24, 1992 Changing jobs with the support of a wife who always makes me feel like I can accomplish anything.
- Tax season 1992 Little legs running to take kisses to Daddy and take more kisses back to Mommy.
- January 2005 Tests, probes and surgery. And thinking how blessed I am to have you.
- September 2006 Leaving, following God and peace during hard times with you by my side.
- October 2006 Beginning the process of building a house, Mr. Gib, and answered prayer.
- May 18, 2007 Moving day. Darbyshires, Herrings, Dooleys, family. Starting life in a new home and the beginnings of finding another new home.
- August 7-9, 2008 Rock climbing, rappelling, waterfalls, cooking over a campfire, and "I'd be dead without you."
- July 2008 Dollywood, Cade's Cove, Abram's Falls, Grotto Falls, scrapbooking stores, and vacation with my 4 favorite people.
- 1985-1989 Falling in love with the most beautiful woman I've ever known. Waiting to make her my wife and thinking those 4 years were never going to pass.
- 1989-1997 Continuing to fall in love with you, newlyweds to parents, seeing our three children born, learning with you how to train-up children, pre-school teacher, tax seasons, B&T, our first minivan, Barney, and a home-made swing set.
- 1998-2003 Still head over heels in love with you, homeschooling, the Ernie game, additions to the house, another minivan, daffodils, azaleas, wood heater, and a new millenium.
- 2004-2008 Loving you more each year, moving day, gardens, apples, tomatoes, CLEPs (hooray they passed), Amazon.com, Sienna, did I mention apples and tomatoes, rice cookers, grain mills, Racetrac, Sarah Groves, "The Other Side of Me", and a wife that grows more precious to me each day.
I love you, Wendy.
I can see God in you, in the little things you do.
A tender touch, a smiling face reminds me of His grace.
I can see God in you in everything you do.
Everyday His love shines through.
A love that's pure; a love that's true.
Your life helps others see our God in you.