Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

We rang in the new year with our traditional BingoFest at my parents' house last night. It was a very fun evening as we ate together and played Bingo for fabulous prizes until midnight. We also watched as Robbie Maddison completed his record-breaking-322-feet motorcycle jump. That little bit of information was completely free but could help you in a future game of trivia.

The end of another year always sparks a spirit of reflection. 2007 was fast and furious but full of memories. God has been so good to our family in so many ways. In the midst of trying times we have found Him to be always faithful, semper fidelis.

With two children in high school and one in fifth grade, our family is very different than it once was. We no longer have tons of toys scattered around and Cheerios on the floor. The “toys” are now laptops and iPods, and the snack of choice is, well...no longer Cheerios.

Although I sometimes find myself pining for those long-ago afternoons with three little ones and a stack of picture books all piled on the sofa with me, I am also relishing the moments of today. Teenagers (and tweens) are really quite incredible.

As I've thought about the year before us, one verse has kept coming to my mind. I've decided to make it my verse for the year as I realize how very much I need to implement its message in my life.

Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. John 15:4 NAS

If only...

Heavenly Father, may I diligently strive to remain in Jesus, my Savior. May I not run ahead or lag behind, but remain in Him. Amen

No comments: