Thursday, September 20, 2007

Good News

Yesterday we got good news. It was extremely good news. We cried; we thanked God. No one had to tell us what to do. We called friends and family to share the good news with them. We wanted everyone to know. We couldn't wait to tell them. It was wonderful.

Out of nowhere, it hit me like a sucker punch to the gut. Conviction.

Yes, this news was extraordinary. It was fantastic. It was an answer to much fervent prayer, yet it paled in comparison to the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I possess the greatest news of all, but I am not breaking my neck to share it with everyone around me. In fact, I am being disobedient to my Lord and Savior since he gave me explicit instructions to do just that.

Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Mark 16:15

Please forgive me, Lord, and give me an overwhelming desire to share Your good news with all I meet. Amen.

No comments: