Saturday, August 25, 2007

Keeping My Head

We had some fun one afternoon at the beach setting up this silly shot. The idea came from an article in Family Fun magazine, and my sweet sister was the photographer.

It serves as a good reminder to me, however. I am so quick to assume that I know exactly what is going on in any given situation. I am prone to making snap judgments which are sometimes completely and totally wrong. Things go so much better when I can sit back, relax, and allow a little time to pass before I go off the deep end. Frequently, the deep end is not even an eventuality. Some time and space often allow the problems to resolve themselves without stress or exertion of any kind on my behalf. How crazy is that?

I am certain that God just shakes his head as he watches me wear myself out.

"When will she learn?" He must wonder.

He has never forsaken me yet. Why would he start now? He won't. That's just it. He is faithful.
Ouch.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 NIV

No comments: